This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), DHS Headquarters Washington, District of Columbia. The primary purpose of this position is to provide expertise in program evaluation and analysis.Learn more about this agency
All DHS-HQ announcements have a 5 business day open period due to the number of applications received. This announcement will be open for 5 business days OR until the first 100 applications have been received, whichever happens first.
As a Deputy Chief of Staff GS 0301 14, your typical work assignments may include:
- Working with the Chief of Staff in planning, organizing, and overseeing the activities of the Office of the Chief of Staff (COS).
- Developing goals and objectives that integrate organization, OCFO,
and DHS objectives.
- Providing subordinate supervisors and staff with direction and advice
regarding policies, procedures, and guidelines. Balances workload and provides overall direction and vision to the subordinates on a wide range of administrative issues.
- Identifying needs for change in organization priorities and takes action to implement such changes.
- Planning and scheduling work in such a manner that promotes a smooth flow and even distribution and ensures effective use of organization resources to achieve organization goals and objectives as well as customer needs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589360500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.