This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, Surface Forces Logistics Center, Contracting & Procurement Division, Alameda, CA.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position serves as the Supervisory Contract Specialist in the Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC),who manages Contracting and Procurement Branch 2 and as such provides technical expertise, oversight and supervision for all Branch contracting/procurement functions.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing advice to Chief of the Contracting Office (COCO)and other managers on contracting/procurement related matters;
- Assisting and making recommendations to the COCO to support contracting programs impacting Branch; evaluating critical and complex proposals; and administering through contract close-out or termination, major contracts.
- Managing the SFLC Small and Disadvantaged Business Program;
- Acting as the chairperson on formal source Selection Evaluation Boards (SEBs) for competitively negotiated procurements subject Federal Acquisition Regulations Part 15 and DHS and Coast Guard acquisition regulations and policies;
- Performing the full range of supervisory and management responsibilities.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 days travel per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589338400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.