The Office of Inspector General (OIG) is an independent office whose mission is to promote excellence, integrity, and accountability throughout DHS. In our dynamic environment, the OIG conducts investigations, audits, evaluations, and inspections to enhance program effectiveness and efficiency and to detect and prevent waste, fraud, and mismanagement in DHS programs and operations.Learn more about this agency
Being a Supervisory Human Resources Officer makes you a valuable member of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Talent Management Division (TMD). You will serve as the Strategic Human Capital Advisor providing advice for Management and executive leaders on a wide range of Human Capital, HR, organization, training, and resource matters. Typical assignments include:
- Performing a broad range of activities involving long-term planning and other strategic management approaches to develop integrated human capital strategic plans and management strategies that achieve a high-performance workforce to meet current and future mission requirements, support TMD strategic and programmatic goals, and achieve organizational success.
- Jointly with the Director of Human Resources, supervises a multidisciplinary team of specialists, team
leads, and subordinate supervisors in the areas of executive resources, workforce relations, workforce
strategy, policy and accountability, HR management, performance improvement, instructional
technology, training and professional development.
- Overseeing the agency HR function, employee training and development, and other similar roles that may be delegated or assigned.
- Supporting partnership opportunities with workforce development counterparts in other agencies and
intergovernmental organizations, including the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and
Efficiency (CIGIE). Establishing partnerships with Office of Personnel Management (OPM) officials
and other federal executive branch and state agencies, educational institutions and private consulting
firms to ensure the organization has current information and knowledge in programs and services.
- In consonance with the Director of Human Resources, plan, organize, and oversee the activities
of the HR Office. Develop goals and objectives that integrate organization and HR management
and IG objectives.
- Supporting, coordinating, and overseeing work through subordinate supervisors. Advising staff regrading policies, procedures, and directives of higher-level management or headquarters.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589167500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.