This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), Sensors and Electronics Branch (SEB) in Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Supervisory Electrical Engineer (CYBER) and be responsible for leading, coordinating, communicating, integrating, and being accountable for the overall success of the program, ensuring alignment with agency or enterprise priorities. You are responsible for supervising personnel at various geographic locations. The SEB provides service development, delivery, support and technical expertise for sensors and electronics shared services to the C5ISC Product Lines. The SEB is responsible for reviewing engineering change proposals for sensors and electronics services and coordinating configuration management of sensors and electronics products with C5ISC Product Lines.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Acquire and manage the necessary resources, including leadership support, financial resources, and key personnel, to support information technology (IT) goals and objectives and reduce overall organizational risk
- Perform needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions
- Recommend policy and coordinate review and approval
- Implement and integrate system engineering life cycle (SELC) methodologies into development environment
- Lead and oversee budget, staffing, and contracting
- Conduct long-range, strategic planning efforts with internal and external partners in cyber activities
- Works with senior level staff members to assist in the development and review of sensitive information including pre-decisional and/or embargoed IT budget, workforce, and organizational changes pertaining to program system development and operations
- Works with the Division Chief and/or higher-graded analysts to coordinate Resource Proposal (RP) preparation for C5I systems, the formal process through which resources are either requested or terminated for programs and assets.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589069000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.