This position is located at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Operations, Assistant Commandant for Intelligence, Counterintelligence Service , Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
You will be required to evaluate information and data to identify potential indicators of insider threats and interact with senior government and military officials and field level personnel to provide assessments and guidance on insider threat matters related to the CG.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the team.
Typical work assignments include:
- Evaluating data and information, discerning contexts, recommending courses of action, preparing products for customers, and continuously evaluating the efficacy of analytic techniques.
- Analyzing the results of User Activity Monitoring to detect insider threat behavior and other suspicious activity.
- Evaluating and analyzing other sources of information to detect insider threat behavior and other suspicious activity.
- Contributing to in-depth studies involving the assessment of present and future threats to USCG information, personnel, resources and facilities by government employees, contractors, or other personnel with authorized access.
- Supporting ongoing inquiries, investigations and operations with intelligence community, security, law enforcement, administrative, command, and legal personnel.
- Providing in-depth briefings pertaining to USCG insider threat matters to authorized personnel.
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 nights of travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588968000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.