Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Program Analyst position is located in the Chief of Staff’s Resource Management Office, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and evaluating systems, processes and procedures for assigned program area(s) to develop and propose recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency of operations, guidelines and guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) existing for programs, or major components of programs.
- Reviewing laws, regulations, and polices to assess, evaluate, and advises on adopting sustainable practices for assigned program(s) and/or projects. Analyzing and interpreting policy guidance and assists managers and employees in applying guidance to program operations, including new approaches and flexibilities consistent with underlying statutory or higher authority directives. Developing system(s) for tracking, compiling and analyzing statistical and narrative data from a variety of sources and using automated systems and database to compile and analyze statistical and narrative data; identifies trends and isolates areas of concern.
- Conducting studies that may impact other programs, projects, or processes or that cross functional or organizational lines. Initiates, tracks and follows up on cases and studies, ensuring timely completion and regulatory compliance.
- Assisting senior personnel with extensive or complex research projects. May recommend unprecedented interpretations of guidance consistent with mission requirements and compliance with underlying statutes, and exercises some discretion in advocating specific courses of action.
- Collaborating with program sponsors, managers, specialists, and other stakeholders across Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to ensure program operations support and/or meet initiatives, goals, and objectives. Works with program managers to define and refine the requirements, needs, and objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders, and serves as a technical specialist for operational aspects of assigned program(s). Assists with developing standard TSA responses to recurring questions and issues.
- Creating reports, informational summaries, briefings, and other written materials for internal and external stakeholders. Develops technical and training materials to support implementation of program changes, and general program execution, and developing and providing formal and informal presentations and briefings on program operations and activities for variety of audiences, including senior management and external stakeholders.
****All TSA Headquarters personnel within the Washington, DC metropolitan area will begin relocating to Springfield, Virginia in November 2020. If you are selected for a Headquarters position currently located in this region, your duty location may change due to the TSA Headquarters Consolidation Plan. *****
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588723200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.