This position is located within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard, Director of Operational Logistics, DOL-93 Commercial Support Services, Alameda, CA.Learn more about this agency
This position will serve as a Contract Specialist, responsible for the procurement of complex supplies, equipment and services. Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Analyzing the requirements, recommends revisions to the performance work statement, statement of work, statement of objectives or specifications, as necessary and decides on the type of contract, milestones and procurement plan.
- Conducting pre-bid/proposal conferences with prospective offers to arrive at a clear, mutual understanding of the requirements of the proposed contract.
- Monitoring contract administration on the most complex contracts until final delivery and ensure payments are completed and that the contract is closed and retired.
- Preparing agency position on protests and disputes and renders or recommends to the contracting officer's final decision on claims arising out of contracts.
- Serving as an advisor where the complexity and scope of contract activities requires the use of one or more subordinate specialist.
- Participating and frequently represents the Contracting Officer and the Coast Guard in a variety of Coast Guard and contractor meetings, presentations, and contract justification sessions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588690700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.