This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Operations (CG-DCO), Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy (CG-5P), Director of Marine Transportation Systems (CG-5PW), Navigation Center (NAVCEN), Maritime Traffic and Tracking Analysis Division (MTTA), in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
As an Information Technology Specialist within the Navigation Center (NAVCEN), you will be responsible for planning, managing, and overseeing mission support for various MTTA Division systems.
Being a Coast guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Carrying out IT related tasks for the retrieval, sorting, and analysis of large data sets.
- Performing data base administration duties and data mining.
- Writing scripts and developing protocols for repetitive data base procedures.
- Selecting, configuring and updating systems and programs utilized for the post processing of vessel track data.
- Combining large data sets from various sources for the analysis of waterway traffic over extended periods and regions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588522700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.