This announcement will remain open until December 10, 2021. Cut-off dates for referral to hiring managers for selection consideration will be established as needed by the agency. Due to high volume of applicants, not all applicants will be considered.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Acquisition Management, in Washington, District of Columbia.
This is a bargaining unit position.
As a(n) Contract Specialist (Senior) you will perform the following duties:
You will be assigned to support a designated contracting section within the Office of Acquisition Management (OAQ). We are seeking competent, experienced and mission-focused Contract Specialists for assignments in the following areas:
- Schedules work priorities and sets deadlines for work completion based on workforce availability, workload, and productivity analysis, defines technical work requirements, develops and revises tactical and strategic plans as needed.
- Serves as chief negotiator and team lead planning negotiation strategy to ensure attainment of goals and arriving at an agreement in the best interests of the Government in technical and cost areas.
- Analyze and evaluate contracting matters; initiation, development, and recommendation of contracting policies, procedures, guidance, and control for subordinate contracting activities within the Department.
- Serves as contract advisor to program officials in procurement planning meetings, advising program officials of the procurement objectives to be used and assisting in the preparation of statements of work.
- Serve as the "Acting" Supervisor in periods of the Supervisor's Absence, performing a limited range of supervisory duties during these periods.
- Information Technology Division (ITD): The ITD provides procurement services for Automated Information Systems (AIS), approved Information Technology (IT) services requirements and Private Branch Exchange (PBX phone systems.
- Detention, Compliance and Removals (DCR): The DCR division provides acquisition support to ICE Headquarters and Field Offices throughout the country for detention, along with ancillary services and supplies in support of the ICE mission.
- Mission Support (MS): The MS Washington contracting division awards and administers contracts and interagency agreements for a broad range of supplies and services and provides mission-based acquisition support to various program offices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586995200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.