The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under a Dual Compensation Hiring Authority with an OPM approved salary off-set waiver granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
Dual Compensation Hiring Authority
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
The selectee will serve as a Personnel Security Specialist in the Security Management Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing guidance and assistance to managers and employees on personnel security topics; interpreting policy, laws and regulations for the specific needs of various security programs; receiving, reviewing and tracking requests for security investigations; reviewing cases for necessary forms, derogatory, missing or inconsistent information; and providing recommendations for the adjudication of security clearances.
- Using judgment and tact to explain sensitive issues, and reconciling conflicting viewpoints with employees and supervisors. Preparing routine reports and analytics regarding personnel security information.
- Utilizing various automated systems (i.e., Applicant Lifecycle Information System (ALIS), DHS Information Security Management System (ISMS) and CONMAN) to manage the processing of security clearances, including, but not limited to receipt of security documents, recording of security interview, authorization of polygraph (if required), initiation of background investigation, adjudication of investigation findings; accessing information and managing the process of contractors gaining access to various facilities and IT access.
- Providing authoritative interpretations, advice and guidance concerning the personnel security program areas; and coordinating the development and maintenance of contacts.
- Overseeing the compilation, analyzing and evaluating of background investigative data on each applicant and employee; and preparing a synopsis of pertinent information including a comprehensive recommendation pursuant to the individual’s suitability for employment or retention of a security clearance.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586010500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.