The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under a Dual Compensation Hiring Authority with an OPM approved salary off-set waiver granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
Dual Compensation Hiring Authority - COVID-19 Response
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
The selectee will serve as an Inventory Management Specialist in the Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, Technical Security Division or the Office of Training, James J. Rowley Training Center. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting the Division’s leadership in the planning, procurement, inventory and property management of accountable property for all office components; and serving as the point of contact for the purchase and management of all general supply items as well extremely sensitive and mission critical materials and equipment.
- Coordinating the purchase, delivery, inventory, distribution, and disposition of all equipment and supply items; interacting with representatives of the General Services Administration regarding supply items procured through the agency; and resolving problems associated with timely deliveries and requests for new items.
- Serving as central point of contact with Office and Headquarters employees and vendors in overseeing and managing the accountable property program activities (issuing new property numbers, tracking and verifying property, conducting surveys, etc.); and coordinating the purchase, delivery, physical receipt and examination of property, inventory, payment, distribution, repair, storage, and the disposition of all property items.
- Participating in planning, ordering, and coordinating the procurement of equipment and supplies for all office components; consulting with office manager, supervisors, and key staff regarding major equipment items; and providing advice regarding categories of materials required to sustain current and projected requirements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585996100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.