The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under a Dual Compensation Hiring Authority with an OPM approved salary off-set waiver granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
Dual Compensation Hiring Authority - COVID-19 Response
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
The selectee will serve as a Talent Acquisition Specialist in the Office of Human Resources, Talent and Employee Acquisition Management Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Coordinates and/or leads accelerated hiring events by determining applicant pools, determining appropriate internal staffing levels to conduct events, maintaining staff schedules, tracking and communicating results; collaborates across organizational lines and occupations to determine the best methods to achieve program goals and objectives; researches policies and stays abreast of new legislations and standards to develop and implement measurable metrics to evaluate hiring practices; ensure field offices are given adequate support and are informed on hiring initiatives and objectives; directs the analysis of data obtained from studies and makes recommendations based on these results to improve the hiring process for applicants and managers.
- Provides national cost-per-hire, time-to-fill, actual time-to-start, manager satisfaction, and efficiency metrics to ensure return on investment; develops and manages hiring metrics, head count reports, and ad hoc reporting requirements. Uses automated tracking systems to identify metrics to support, implement and improve hiring strategies.
- Determines the need for and the design of statistical metrics for the purpose of arriving at reliable and adequate conclusions concerning specific problems raised during the hiring process.
- Conducts site advances to secure appropriate venues, location, associated cost and manpower to manage applicant pool.
- Writes final draft reports and makes recommendations for management officials regarding program issues; and composes various correspondences and reports related to hiring; provide managers, supervisors, employees and applicants with technically sound and authoritative advice; explain, defend, and support procedures and policies; participate in conferences and meetings; and present recommendations to management officials.
75% or less - Frequent travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585985300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.