The OIG is an independent office whose mission is to promote excellence, integrity, and accountability throughout DHS. In our dynamic environment, the OIG conducts investigations, audits, evaluations, and inspections to enhance program effectiveness and efficiency and to detect and prevent waste, fraud, and mismanagement in DHS programs and operations.Learn more about this agency
As a Special Agent In Charge (SAC), assigned to the Chicago Field Office within the Office of Investigations, you will be responsible for the responsible for planning, managing, directing, coordinating, and overseeing a full range of criminal and administrative investigative activities. Typical assignments include:
- Supervising and managing investigative activities to include the formulation, modification and evaluation of policies and procedures; the development of long-range plans and the adjustment of operations to meet changing requirements.
- Reviewing and evaluating allegations and recommends appropriate investigative activity.
- Directing and monitoring the investigative activities of subordinates and/or sub offices; sets priorities and prepares schedules form completion of work.
- Reviewing investigation reports and memoranda to ensure the soundness of findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Keeps abreast of all major investigations within the jurisdiction of the assigned Field Office and keeps senior managers and supervisors informed as to the status of such investigations.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589381700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.