The Office of Inspector General (OIG) is an independent office whose mission is to promote excellence, integrity, and accountability throughout DHS. In our dynamic environment, the OIG conducts investigations, audits, evaluations, and inspections to enhance program effectiveness and efficiency and to detect and prevent waste, fraud, and mismanagement in DHS programs and operations.Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist, you will be responsible for providing support and guidance for Senior Executive Service, Senior Level, Scientific Professional, Presidential Appointees, Executive Resource and Performance Review Board, Quality Review Board, and a liaison to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Senior Executive Services & Performance Management. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing, implementing, coordinating and evaluating policies, practices, systems, procedures, and regulations governing the Office of Management, Office of Inspector General (OIG) program for Senior Executives Service (SES).
- Conducting a variety of work projects on staff matters contributing to overall program objectives, such as projects include fact-gathering; analysis and evaluation of material; written or oral presentation of conclusions both within and outside of the OIG.
- Preparing executive recruitment packages, senior executive position descriptions, evaluation statements and other supporting documentation.
- Interpreting and applying recruitment/staffing, compensation, position classification and position management principles, practices and criteria in working with the program areas to address their issues/concerns.
- Advising and consulting with the Assistant and Deputy Inspector General on the status of employment activities and keeps him/her informed of significant developments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589357100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.