This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), DHS HeadquartersLearn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an analyst and advisor to management on a variety of complex issue areas impacting both the Management Directorate, and Department as a whole.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement: Common Definitions.
As a Management and Program Analyst GS 0343 11, your typical work assignments may :
- Serves as an expert analyst in the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness or the improvement of complex management processes and systems.
- Performs long-range planning' and analysis of new substantive agency programs where precedents are scarce or nonexistent.
- Works with top management to develop long-range management plans for efficient and effective program implementation and administration.
- Applies a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of complex short and long-range goals of the organization, developing detailed plans for implementing them, and overseeing implementation of the goals in subordinate organizations.
- Recommends changes in objectives or emphasis in functions under the organization's purview.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589341800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.