As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is committed to delivering our mission to safeguard America's borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Staffing mission critical positions remains a high priority. Be reassured that CBP is still hiring, despite potential hiring process step delays due to restrictions to in-person activities.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Border Patrol, Spokane Sector, Bonners Ferry Station located in Bonners Ferry, ID.
This position will allow you to use your expertise to prevent illegal entry of aliens into the United States by land, water, or air; enforce criminal provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Laws; and seek out and apprehend smugglers or aliens who are in the United States illegally. Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen the Department's ability to protect the homeland.
This position starts at a salary of $92,143.00 (GS-13, Step 1) to $119,787.00 (GS-13, Step 10) with promotion potential to $119,787.00 (GS-13 Step 10).
As a first-line Supervisory Border Patrol Agent you will serve as a primary law enforcement officer (under 5 U.S.C. 8331 (6C) and 8412 (d)) and be responsible for:
- Directing assignments of subordinate Border Patrol Agents, specialized units, and station operations.
- Directing activities aimed at preventing the illegal entry of aliens into the United States by land, water, or air.
- Seeking out and apprehending smugglers or aliens who are illegally in the United States.
- Enforcing the criminal provisions of the Immigration and Nationality laws.
- All normal functions involved in supervising personnel, including leave approval, resolving disciplinary problems, and preparing annual performance appraisals
Occasional travel - Overnight travel may be required on a regular and recurring basis.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589313200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.