This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center, COCO Construction Contracting Division, Facilities Design & Construction Center (FDCC), Oakland, CA.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as a Contract Specialist and primarily responsible for development and implementation of acquisition strategy for the design, construction, and major renovation of facilities for some of the most significant activities in the CG and preparation and execution of contract documents assuring adherence with acquisition procedures prescribed by applicable regulations.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of acquisition strategy for various contract actions.
- Serving as a technical consultant to the Contracting Officer and the Supervisory Contract Specialist on complex acquisition questions.
- Collaborating with project officers to plan and develop long and short range acquisition plans, strategies and realistic approaches for program goals.
- Developing and implementing acquisition strategy for the design, construction, and major renovation of facilities.
- Developing pre-negotiation positions, serving as lead negotiator, and preparing required documentation to support the acquisition action, including Determination and Findings, and pre and post negotiation memoranda.
25% or less - 25% or less travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589307500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.