Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Program Analyst position is located in the office of Strategy, Policy Coordination, and Innovation (SP&I), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and evaluating systems, processes and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Compiling and analyzing data to develop reports/ spreadsheets and identify patterns and trends to improve administrative programs and services.
- Evaluating existing policies, procedures and regulations for compliance, and identifying any inconsistencies and recommending solutions.
- Establishing procedures for compiling, consolidating, reviewing, analyzing, tracking and editing the program work requirements, budgets, and related documentation necessary to develop plans covering TSA requirements.
- Communicating with internal and external managers as well as representatives of other government agencies and private industries to obtain information and provide guidance on critical funding/program issues, and make recommendations affecting the major programs.
Typically, the lower Pay Band (Pay Band G/H) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and training; and/or projects/work assignments may be less complex.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589302400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.