These positions are located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, & Information Technology (CG-6), CG C4IT Service Center, Topeka, KS.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as Information Systems Security Manager responsible for the management and administration of processes and tools that enable the organization to identify, document, and access intellectual capital and information content.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Collecting and maintaining data needed to meet cybersecurity reporting.
- Ensuring that security improvement actions are evaluated, validated, and implemented as required.
- Participating in an information security risk assessment during the Security Assessment and Authorization process.
- Participating or contributing to the computer environment cybersecurity program plans and requirements.
- Providing system-related input on technical requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents.
- Constructing access paths to suites of information (e.g., link pages) to facilitate access by end-users.
- Developing an understanding of the needs and requirements of information end-users.
- Monitoring and report the usage of knowledge management assets and resources.
- Providing recommendations on data structures and databases that ensure correct and quality production of reports/management information.
- Managing the indexing/cataloguing, storage, and access of explicit organizational knowledge (e.g., hard copy documents, digital files).
- Promoting knowledge sharing between information owners/users through an organization's operational processes and systems.
- Using secure file sharing technology to process and share files with internal and external business partners.
- Exercising independent judgment and discretion when assisting with IT contract negotiations and investments; performing studies, data, or analysis that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
11 - Positions may be filled at the GS-09 or GS-11 grade level. Promotion potential to the GS-11 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589269600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.