This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers & Information Technology, C5ISC, CG C4IT Service Center, Mission Execution PL Division, Kearneysville, WV.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) and be responsible for managing information technology projects.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts.
- Providing advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Reviewing or conducting audits of information technology (IT) programs and projects.
- Acting as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully.
- Working with other service managers and product owners to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives.
- Ensuring that supply chain, system, network, performance, and cybersecurity requirements are included in contract language and delivered.
- Monitoring and audits the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems.
- Negotiating for the acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgment and discretion with DoD, DHS, OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations, IT cyber acquisitions, cyber security continuous diagnostics and monitoring.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, GS-12, or GS-13 level. Promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589269000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.