These positions are located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Business Operations Division (BOD), C5I Acquisition Support Branch (CAS), Acquisition Facilitation Section (AFS) in Portsmouth, VA, Alexandria, VA, or Kearneysville, WV.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC/ENTARCH) and be responsible for providing professional and technical advice, support, and assistance to the Coast Guard C5ISC organization on all C5I acquisition support matters
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Consulting with customers to evaluate functional requirements
- Developing and documenting requirements, capabilities, and constraints for design procedures and processes
- Overseeing and make recommendations regarding vendor, contract, and acquisition options including procurement lead time and schedules
- Preparing documents or guides others in the preparation of government acquisition related documents for IT services and supplies to include Statement of Work (SOWs), Performance Work Statements (PWS), Statement of Objectives (SOOs), Independent Government Cost Estimates, Acquisition plans, Technical evaluation plans, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans (QASPs), etc
- Monitoring and audits the IT acquisition schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems.
- Assisting others in documenting User Experience (UX) requirements including information architecture and user interface requirements.
- Defining that baseline security requirements are accounted for in IT acquisition packages in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Performing IT needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions.
- Developing cost estimates for new or modified system(s).
Selectees salary will be set in accordance with the location placed.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
12 - Position may be filled at the GS-11 or GS-12 level. Promotion potential to the GS-12 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589266000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.