This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard, National Maritime Center (NMC), Medical Evaluation Division (NMC-6), in Martinsburg, WV.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Physician, this position serves as the Operations Chief of the Division, and works side-by-side with the Division Chief in overseeing all phases of the department's program and work product. As the chief of operations, this position is responsible for management of the department's processes and staff and to ensure all decisions are in line with the Division Chief for the Merchant Mariner Medical Certification Program of determining if mariners are medically fit for certification.
- Providing administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit of staff.
- Performing the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised, and establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members.
- Directing and overseeing the development of the Merchant Mariner Medical Certification Program that requires determination of medical suitability, fitness for certification, unit acquisition of resources, and resource utilization.
- Developing, approving and managing the budget for all Division activities; ensuring all financial and budgeting guidelines are established and followed by unit personnel.
- Providing consultation and advice in the development of guidelines for merchant mariner medical suitability and fitness for certification determinations.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589248000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.