This position is located in ASSISTANT COMMANDANT, CG-914, Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Contract Specialist with complete responsibility to plan and recommend for execution of all contractual actions and phases for assigned projects. The Contract Operation Division is responsible for acquiring the full range of U.S. Coast Guard primary mission critical supplies, services, and systems valued above the simplified acquisition.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as a contract specialist responsible for all contracting transactions from initiation to recommendation of award to procurement of items or services with specialized requirements.
- Preparing solicitation documents, e.g., waiver, justification and approval for other than full and open competition, determinations and findings, etc., incorporating cost accounting standards, testing procedures, cost escalation factors, firm-fixed price, fixed-price-incentive, cost-plus-award-fee, cost data requirement, etc.
- Preparing responses to Congressional inquiries, Freedom of Information Act requests or other sensitive correspondence, including appeals, protests or mistakes in the bidding procedures of assigned contracts.
- Monitoring contractor's performance, approval of progress payments, reviewing and providing recommendations on contractor proposals resulting from change orders, scheduling, problems and proposed solution, verification of deliveries and similar activities.
- Negotiating complex modification to contracts such as those for R&D software system development.
- Utilizing in-depth price/cost analysis techniques for supporting the development of cost-related sections of complex solicitation documents, analyzing cost data and price re-determination/price order/terminations/labor and material cost, etc.
Occasional travel - 25% Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589216100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.