This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Business Operations Division (BOD), Kearneysville, WV, Alexandria, VA, Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC/ENTARCH) and be responsible for assisting others in or directly managing IT contracts and vendor performance across the enterprise. You will work as a Cybersecurity Specialist and be responsible for performing a wide range of Coast Guard C5I Acquisition support functions to include: providing professional and technical advice, support, and assistance to the Coast Guard C5ISC organization on all C5I acquisition support matters. A typical Cybersecurity Specialist day in the Coast Guard C5I Acquisition Facilitation Section is spent managing, planning, and analyzing C5I acquisitions, as well as preparing acquisition related documentation, and coordinating development of Coast Guard C5I acquisition packages for services and/or supplies in support of C5I product lines and Shared Services Divisions and ultimately enabling Coast Guard mission execution.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Participating in and/or performing analysis to develop, document, and refine functional requirements and specifications related to C5I acquisition for supplies and/or services.
- Consults with customers to evaluate functional requirements
- Defines project scope and objectives based on customer requirements
- Oversees and make recommendations regarding vendor, contract, and acquisition options including procurement lead time and schedules
- Performs IT needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions
- Prepares documents or guides others in the preparation of government acquisition related documents for IT services and supplies to include Statement of Work (SOWs), Performance Work Statements (PWS), Statement of Objectives (SOOs), Independent Government Cost Estimates, Acquisition plans, Technical evaluation plans, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans (QASPs), etc
- Monitors and audits the IT acquisition schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems.
- Defining that baseline security requirements are accounted for in IT acquisition packages in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Developing independent cost estimates for new or modified
- Assisting others in documenting User Experience (UX) requirements including information architecture and user interface requirements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
11 - Positions may be filled at the GS-09 or GS-11 grade level. Promotion potential to the GS-11 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589213100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.