This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard, Acquisition Directorate (CG-9), Director of Contracting and Procurement (CG-91), Office of Contract Operations (CG-912), located in Pascagoula, MS.Learn more about this agency
This position is located on-site at the U. S. Coast Guard Project Resident Office Gulf Coast (PROGC) in Pascagoula, Mississippi. The PROGC is responsible for Acquisition Surface Directorate (CG-932) for oversight and management of the production and delivery contracts for the largest acquisition project in the Coast Guard history. You will work in a collaborative partnership with multiple Coast Guard organizations, other Government agencies, and the contractor and will use your specialized knowledge of post-award contracting procedures to oversee or ensure enforcement and compliance with the terms of contracts, determine the reasonableness of and to negotiate claims, resolve disputes or other problems concerning obligations of either the Government or the contractor, and to negotiate contract modifications.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as a Contracting Officer/Contract Specialist with authority and responsibility to administer all contracts assigned to the Project Resident Office.
- Coordinating with the Project Manager Representative (PMR) at PROGC, the Project Manager, and the Procuring Contracting Officer in planning future changes to the contract, especially unusually complex or politically sensitive changes.
- Serving as a negotiation team leader and conducting the negotiation, considering all facts and circumstances surrounding the particular situations.
- Taking steps provided by the contract, regulation, and statute to assure compliance with the contract terms and conditions and supporting outside Government agencies investigations including reviews, audits, and investigations (e.g. mischarging).
- Developing and preparing Contracting Officer’s finding-of-facts regarding claims and leading or participating in the negotiation of the settlement of claims.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589150000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.