This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, U. S. Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Acquisition (CG-9), Director of Acquisition Services (CG-92), Office of Acquisition Support and Systems Engineering Policy (CG-924) located in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer, you will serve as the primary point of contact with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for the acquisition review process; provide acquisition management advice and guidance to identify the appropriate level of Coast Guard review and oversight for system acquisition programs; monitor and evaluate program internal/external reports; provide independent assessments of program performance; and assist Program Managers in developing acquisition documents. You will also provide pre-acquisition program management and acquisition consulting support to Coast Guard sponsors, and assist sponsors in developing affordable, enforceable and definitive requirements.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Applying knowledge of systems engineering to develop Coast Guard systems engineering acquisition policies, practices and principles and in analyzing, developing, coordinating and applying systems engineering to the acquisition process for all aspects of major and non-major systems acquisition.
- Providing technical and business management guidance within the context of systems engineering requirement and activities; and reviewing plans, studies, and reports to determine their technical soundness and compliance with major and non-major acquisition procedures and policies.
- Participating in systems engineering technical reviews for acquisition programs and reviewing professional studies and analyses.
- Performing requirements analysis to ensure that program scope and requirements are defined and documented and programs are formally approved, milestones and lower reviews are accomplished.
- Serving as a technical liaison and providing g technical advice and guidance to program managers, systems engineers and keeping senior management informed of progress regarding program activities and proposed program modifications.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589139600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.