Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Program Analyst position is located within the Office of Acquisition and Program Management (APM), Enterprise Support (ES), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The incumbent is responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of operational programs and special projects, and providing objective data and information to management to support decisions on administrative or programmatic aspects of TSA operations. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides subject matter expertise to acquisition programs and the Component Acquisition Executive (CAE) to facilitate compliance with DHS Instruction 102-01- 001, Acquisition Management Instruction, and other applicable DHS acquisition policies, through continuous engagement in various Program and DHS forums.
- Review acquisition documentation and support products for technical accuracy, adequacy, and timeliness in support of Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and Acquisition Decision Events (ADEs).
- Develops, analyzes, and evaluates new or modified program/management requirements, policies, goals, or objectives for impact on existing program(s).
- Establishes new policies/procedures to address operational needs, or makes exceptions to existing policies/procedures that may impact internal and external customers.
- Communicates management viewpoints on routine dealings with program managers and offices throughout TSA.
- Maintains effective communications with stakeholders in collaboration with Department of Homeland Security and other TSA offices to ensure dissemination of clear, Description of Major Duties and Responsibilities coordinated and consistent messages to gain visibility and support for multi-modal initiatives and programs.
- Collaborate with executives, senior leaders, program managers, and team members to formulate new and innovative approaches to streamline and improve acquisition policies, processes, procedures, and documentation.
This position is also being announced through Public (US Citizen) procedures under Announcement #HQ-ES-APM-20-784061-P. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589097900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.