Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
As a Lead Transportation Security Officer (LTSO) within Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), you will be responsible for leading at least three full-performance level Transportation Security Officers (TSOs), and as assigned, trainee and apprentice level TSOs. As an LTSO, you will identify, distribute, and balance workloads and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflow and skill level. You will make adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Providing input to supervisors and managers concerning a variety of human resources matters including, but not limited to, employee performance, promotions, reassignments, awards, etc.
- Implementing security screening procedures in accordance with TSA objectives and directives.
- Assisting with investigations of incidents, and preparing incident reports or other documents that convey required information.
- Responding to breaches of security and emergency situations.
- Training team members, monitoring and reporting on the status and progress of work, and representing the team in communications with the supervisor or manager for the purpose of obtaining resources (e.g., computer hardware and software, etc.).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589073000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.