The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; Join DHS.Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical and administrative supervision to Legal Instruments Examiners who are responsible for immigration status verification, issue resolution, fraud detection, identity confirmation, decision analysis and evaluating systems.
- Reviews the work of employees within assigned section for completeness and accuracy. Provides both counseling to encourage employees to progress within their job classifications and to recommend paths for improvement where necessary.
- Performs the most complex phases of the verification work process to include coordinating work efforts, expeditious handling of special cases and maintaining technical skills in database entries.
- Prepares and issues written procedures on established USCIS and departmental policies and programs, and ensures their staff are in compliance.
- Promotes a creative environment that inspires team members to develop ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Adjusts work operations as needed to meet changing priorities within the organization.
- Carries out Office of Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (OEOI) policies and program activities by communicating support of these policies to subordinates and encouraging their active participation.
- Evaluates the training needs of their employees and provides them with the resources needed to improve their work performance.
- Makes recommendations on job applications as part of the hiring process for their department.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589061900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.