This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, Ninth Coast Guard District, Sector Buffalo in Buffalo, NY.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as a Marine Inspector, responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership in the enforcement of marine safety, vessel inspection, pollution prevention, vessel manning, regulations, treaties, and international conventions.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Conducting reviews of vessel's plans, safety management systems and operating systems to determine compliance with regulations and applicable standards.
- Determining that vessels being inspected have the proper documents and certificates on board and in effect.
- Ensuring the required inspection documentation is prepared and appropriate orders are drafted.
- Preparing briefing papers, technical analyses, and option evaluations.
- Training and assessing the inspection qualifications and formally certifying the completed portions of on-the-job training for assigned civilian and military Marine Inspectors.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589057700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.