This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, CG-914, in Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Contract Specialist with complete responsibility to plan and recommend for execution, all contractual actions and phases for assigned programs.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
At the full performance level of GS-12, typical work assignments include:
- Performing all aspects of the contracting transactions from initiation to recommendation of award to procurement of items or services with specialized requirements.
- Analyzing the requirement, recommending revisions to the statement of work or specifications, and deciding on the type of contract, milestones, and acquisition plans.
- Performing contracting work through use of negotiating techniques.
- Surveying the market to determine the availability of items or services with specialized requirements.
- Coordinating contract administration activities for long-term, extensive technical service contracts and/or cost type contracts.
- Utilizing in-depth price/cost analysis techniques.
- Negotiating complex modifications to contracts.
At the GS-11 level:
- Reviewing procurement requests, prepares and reviews justification and approvals;
- Preparing solicitations incorporating all the correct provisions and clauses; analyzes bids/proposals
- Determining compliance and conformance to the solicitations;
- Developing pre- and post- negotiation memoranda;
- Monitoring and administering contracts through final delivery and acceptance, final payments and contract closeouts;
- Analyzing procurement requests to determine requirements, recommending changes to statements of work, and determining appropriate type of contract.
At the GS-09 level, less complex duties will be performed under closer supervision.
25% or less - Less than 25% of travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589021100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.