The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Associate Director for Field Operations (ADFO). You will develop and implement local prevention frameworks in one region, while supervising Regional Coordinators in other areas of operation.Learn more about this agency
All DHS-HQ announcements have a 5 business day open period due to the number of applications received. This announcement will be open for 5 business days OR until the first 100 applications have been received, whichever happens first.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Office of Strategy, Policy and Plans, Office for Targeted Violence and Terrorism Prevention (OTVTP).
- Partner with senior government and society leadership to develop and implement targeted violence and terrorism prevention programs in Minnesota, South Dakota, and North Dakota. Includes building partnerships locally, building community trust, increasing public awareness of targeted violence and terrorism prevention, and facilitating networks for intervention services to stop violence before it occurs. Provides programmatic oversight for the larger mid-west, including oversight of three Regional Coordinators in the mid-west region.
- Direct the work of subordinates, plan and assign work and adjust priorities, determine resource assignments, and recommend various personnel actions.
- Review, modify, and approve internal plans, projects and procedures; justify and support regional plans and objectives; coordinate and integrate regional planning with external stakeholders to ensure achievements of program objectives.
- Support the Deputy Director for Filed Operations, advise and participate with the Director and Deputy Directors of OTVTP in developing policies and procedures for the newly-established field operations program to support prevention effort.
- Serve as a speaker, presenter, liaison and/or organizational representative to the public, the law enforcement community and various diverse civic and community groups.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights of travel per month may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588918100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.