This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard, Aviation Logistics Center (ALC), Workforce Management Staff (WMS), Elizabeth City, North Carolina.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as the ALC Civilian Personnel Liaison Officer under the guidance of the Chief, Workforce Management Staff (WMS Chief). The primary purpose of the position is providing or obtaining a variety of management services essential to the direction and efficient operation of the organization.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
Typical work assignments include:
- Advising and assisting management and liaises in accomplishing Human Resources Management responsibilities and assuring compliance with appropriate laws, rules or regulations, and/or negotiated agreements.
- Analyzing mission management objectives and organizational goals to determine current and projected personnel needs and potential placement issues.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting incoming HR requests and actions; recommending appropriate action; keeping managers informed of the status; monitoring, coordinating and tracking all on-going and projected actions.
- Advising supervisors and managers on leave entitlements; reviewing all special leave requests to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Managing master manpower documents (Position Allowance List (PAL); analyzing division requests for reprogramming requests, PAL corrections waivers, and Organizational Modification Requests (OMR) and preparing submissions.
- Serving as the on-site Drug Testing Coordinator.
The GS-09 is developmental and will receive tailored instruction, guidance, training, and supervision designed to equip the employee with the knowledge and skills necessary for successful performance at the GS-11 level
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588875900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.