Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.Learn more about this agency
View the Common Definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The position is located in an assigned Office of the Assistant Inspector General (AIG), Office of lnspector General (OIG), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). OIG provides guidance on the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of agency level programs and operations.
As a Supervisory, Program Analyst, you will be responsible for planning, managing, directing, coordinating, and overseeing all activities for multiple, simultaneous audits through a subordinate staff of auditors and program analysts. Typical work assignments include:
- Managing program audits of the various programs, operations, and functions of DHS through a subordinate staff of auditors and/or program analysts.
- Developing and/or modifying objective, work plans, guideline, scope, methods, staff requirements, and time schedule to meet project needs.
- Developing annual and long-range audit plans, providing technical advice and guidance to subordinate staff for audit activities.
- Recommending new or revised audit policies and procedures and innovative audit approaches based on technical expertise and operating experience.
- Leading, counseling, and evaluating subordinate staff.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588848000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.