Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Program Analyst position is located in the Personnel Security Branch, Security Division within Security and Administrative Services (SAS), Enterprise Support (ES), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected, you will assist the Personnel Security (PERSEC) program and provide operational support on general administrative and security issues regarding policies, procedures and requirements governing the Division. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages the evaluation and implementation of personnel security process/procedure changes and advises senior leadership peers on proper methods of execution.
- Develops metrics for personnel security performance, ensuring prescribed OPM and DHS timelines are monitored, measured and reported.
- Serves as a liaison with OPM on all issues for Personnel Security metrics, coding, process, and procedures and for resolving deficiencies.
- Monitors workload distribution for adjudicators to ensure timelines are met. Develops an updates SOPs.
- Maintains contact with DHS on the ISMS system and is the POC for troubleshooting system issues in TSA, tests the system with trial cases and updates for new processes or changes to the system.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower Pay Band (Pay Band H) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and training; and/or projects/work assignments may be less complex.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588802600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.