This position is located in Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard, Eighth Coast Guard District in New Orleans, LA.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as a maritime transportation and outer continental shelf (OCS) exploration and production subject matter expert with responsibility for interpreting and implementing U.S. and international rules and regulations pertaining to maritime security, maritime safety, and marine environmental protection standards.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting in coordinating, developing, maintaining, testing and implementing Area Maritime Security (AMS) preparedness, planning and incident management.
- Providing approvals of required security and safety industry submittal's and performs audits of key performance indicators on operational and administration matters.
- Managing a transportation security program throughout a major agency organizational component of the Coast Guard.
- Developing recommendations on the modifications and corrections needed within the Coast Guard's OCS and maritime transportation security programs.
- Managing and oversees Coast Guard operational planning of security and safety inspections and investigations on OCS units.
- Serving as organizational spokesperson at formal and informal briefings and workshops on highly technical and complex maritime transportation program activities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588762900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.