This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, Assistant Commandant for Engineering and Logistics (CG-4), Office of Civil Engineering (CG-43), Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center (SILC), Norfolk, VA.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as a senior Project Manager/Mechanical Engineer and technical specialist responsible for procuring, coordinating and managing the design and construction related services provided by Architectural/Engineering (A/E) firms. Projects include new construction of CG facilities or repair, maintenance, modification or renovation of existing facilities.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as the subject matter expert in mechanical engineering, coordinating and integrating the planning, programming, development, oversight, scheduling, and overall management of assigned in-house team resources for multi-phase projects.
- Serving as project manager/mechanical engineer in directing design teams of interdisciplinary engineering and architectural specialists to plan and control the advance engineering aspects involved in the design and construction of extensive projects of an unusual and/or unique nature.
- Guiding and evaluating A/E efforts and assessing technical and project progress in relation to the established schedule and resources allotted.
- Coordinating the development of mechanical engineering system designs for large multi-purpose, multiple-phase projects.
- Consulting with management, planning, contracting, construction and legal personnel in preparing requirements and criteria for complex or high value projects for construction or modification of facilities.
- Applying expert technical knowledge of professional mechanical engineer and scientific concepts, methods, and procedures to analyze and define the requirements of multi-phase projects.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel in performance of duties may be necessary.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588702000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.