This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (DCMS), Office of Security Policy & Management (DCMS-34), Security Center (DCMS-342), Chesapeake, VA.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (DCMS), Office of Security Policy & Management (DCMS-34), Central Adjudication Facility (DCMS-342) “USCG Security Center (SECCEN)”, in Chesapeake, VA. The USCG is a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) component. The incumbent serves as the Policy and Compliance Branch Chief responsible for intake and scoping in support of adjudications, coordinating CAF line of business processes, and collaborating on the implementation of Personnel Security initiatives.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Supervising teams responsible for intake and scoping actions.
- Ensuring intake and scoping activities are applied consistent with Personnel Security, Suitability/Fitness, and Credentialing (SSC) standards.
- Ensuring CAF standard operating procedures and processes are updated and in compliance with USCG, Department of Homeland Security other pertinent SSC policies and standards.
- Serving as acting Adjudicative Services Branch (ASB) Chief during the absence or unavailability of the ASB Chief.
- Collaborating with USCG Personnel Security Program Management team to develop efficiencies in actions related to SSC vetting.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588688100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.