Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Transportation Security Specialist position is located in Policy, Planning and Engagement (PPE), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serving as an alternate to the Section Chief by engaging national transportation providers at the CEO, COO and Security Director levels.
- Using information gathered to make recommendations to leadership addressing industry/stakeholder concerns, recommend solutions and facilitate resolution implementation.
- Conducting analysis and receiving industry best practice standards and evaluating the entire body of policies to identify duplicates and policy gaps.
- Assisting in engaging industry to mutually develop national security policy.
- Coordinating division responses to Government Accountability Office audits, Inspector General investigations and congressional inquiries; collection of stakeholder engagement metrics for all modes.
- Developing and managing information sharing support tools such as stakeholder contact lists, web-boards, Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN), newsletters and I-Share.
- Coordinating conferences, meetings or briefings between high ranking agency officials and trade associations and industry stakeholder representatives to share information, discuss concerns and issues and receive input for policy or program proposals.
****All TSA Headquarters personnel within the Washington, DC metropolitan area will begin relocating to Springfield, Virginia in November 2020. If you are selected for a Headquarters position currently located in this region, your duty location may change due to the TSA Headquarters Consolidation Plan. *****
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel will be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588421600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.