The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under a Dual Compensation Hiring Authority with an OPM approved salary off-set waiver granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
Dual Compensation Hiring Authority - COVID-19 Response
- Earn full annuity and full salary
- Earn annual leave and sick leave
- Work full-time, part-time, or an intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
The selectee will serve as a Program Manager (Acquisition) in the Office of Technical Development and Mission Support. Typical work assignments include:
- Planning, directing and managing acquisition program and project efforts, including: planning and preparing acquisition strategies, performing market research as required, developing and tailoring program and project acquisition documents and artifacts, developing and managing budgets and participating in, coordinating or managing integrated product teams.
- Adhering to acquisition laws, regulations, and policies as they apply to programs and projects in the USSS portfolio; providing authoritative interpretation to staff and management; recommending changes to statutory, regulatory, and policy guidance to enhance acquisition efficiency and accountability.
- Defining objectives to be accomplished, interpreting policies, determining the effects on the mission of assignments, and independently planning and carrying out the work to be completed and developing solutions; exercising discretion and judgment in determining whether to broaden or narrow the scope of acquisition/procurement initiatives.
- Interacting with senior USSS and other government agency personnel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585995100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.