This assignment is a 1 year non-reimbursable assignment. The incumbent serves as an External Affairs Specialist for CISA supporting the efforts of CISA programs in their engagement and outreach missions and coordinating with the DHS Office of Public Affairs, Office of Partnership and Engagement, and other DHS offices to ensure proactive engagement with key stakeholders of the organization.Learn more about this agency
- Assists in designing, implementing and evaluating proactive strategies to communicate CISA's mission and programs to external partners.
- Supports event management and planning for major conferences such as DHS National Cyber Summit and RSA with activities to include but not limited to:
- Assists with the logistical aspects of meetings, conferences, and special events
- Assists with venue research and event analysis
- Contributes to the preparation of invitations and maintenance of participant database
- Field questions about registration and meeting agenda
- Contribute to the preparation, reproduction, and distribution of conference materials
- Research information about possible room setup, AV equipment, and other on-site meeting needs
- Supports a portfolio of CISA external affairs activities that may include CISA Speaker's Bureau, conference planning and Intergovernmental Affairs and provides information about CISA's mission, message, and achievements to targeted stakeholders, partners and general audiences. Stakeholders include other Federal agencies; owners and operators of critical infrastructure; state, local, tribal and territorial governments; educational institutions; and non-governmental organizations.
- Identifies, develops and applies a range of analytical tools to evaluate CISA's communication efforts; applies results of analysis to refine strategies and tactics to address areas of concern and identify opportunities for enhanced outreach and messaging to all stakeholders.
- Supports EA leadership in briefings and other interactions with critical external stakeholders and executives to include senior officials of the Department; other Federal agencies; the private sector and business communities; and state, local, tribal and territorial officials.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585755500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.