This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the General Counsel (OGC), Ethics Law Division (ELD).Learn more about this agency
This is a permanent appointment in the excepted service and will be filled on a full-time, permanent basis.
As a Attorney Advisor, GS 0905 13/14/15, your typical work assignments may include:
- Provide oral and written advice, analysis, interpretations, and guidance on complex and sensitive legal and policy matters both for individual questions and as related to DHS programs and operations.
- Draft and review documents for consistency with all applicable legal authorities and requirements, to include: ethics guidance, financial disclosure reviews, analysis and advice, directives, correspondence, reports, memoranda, testimony, regulations, Federal Register notices, directives, legislation, guidance and other such documents.
- Represent the office in meetings and conferences with representatives of other legal divisions, programs, components, U.S. Office of Government Ethics, the White House, other Executive Branch agencies, industry, and the public on ethics questions.
- Draft and present ethics training to Headquarters officials, to include senior leadership and political appointees.
- Review financial disclosure reports, analyze and resolve potential conflicts of interest and related ethics questions.
- Assist with administration of the DHS Standards of Conduct Program.
- Provide guidance related to related areas of law, such as procurement integrity and partisan political activity regulations and policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564084500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.